Friday, February 28, 2014

On my way to becoming a physician



From the very first day I decided to dedicate myself to the pre-medical path to submitting my deposit for medical school, I have been challenged, encouraged, and genuinely supported by the faculty and my peers.

Bloomsburg University's chemistry program provides an experience that is unlike any other for its students. I have been required to practice critical thinking and problem solving not only in the classroom, but also in the laboratory and on exams. From the laboratory assignments to the rigorous course load, I have learned how rewarding hard work and persistence can be for a chemistry major.

The small student-to-faculty ratio allows students to develop relationships that promote learning outside of the classroom setting. In addition, the research opportunities within the chemistry department have been so valuable to me as a pre-medical student.

Participating in a research project has developed a sense of pride, responsibility, and independence that I could not achieve in the classroom alone.

Being a chemistry/biochemistry major has instilled in me efficient study habits, laboratory skills, but most of all it has provided me with the confidence to pursue a career in medicine at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

    — ​Brooke Shannon is a chemistry major with a pre-medical studies concentration.

#FutureHusky #HuskyUnleashed


No comments:

Post a Comment