Thursday, May 15, 2014

True Impact of Summer Orientation



Hey Future Huskies,

I can only imagine how excited you all are as your senior year in high school is finally coming to an end! The next step to starting your time here at Bloomsburg is summer orientation. As you prepare for your scheduled day of orientation, it’s important for you to compile a list of any questions you may have.

College can be very overwhelming when you first get here, it’s important to get your questions solved before you get here for move-in.

Our Orientation Workshop Leaders (OWLs) will be able to answer most of the questions but if not we will guide you to any department that will be able to help you. Remember that asking for help is an essential in college and don’t fear that any questions are too big or small, we all had the same ones going into our first year!

Summer orientation is designed to help you complete all the last final steps in becoming a husky. That being said, you are more than welcome to come alone, bring your family or bring a friend. Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable and feel free to show off your amazing new school.

It’s also important to approach this day with an open mind and positivity. You will be surrounded with your fellow classmates so it’s important to start making connections. Be outgoing and introduce yourself to whomever you’re standing in line or sitting next to.

Orientation is meant to ease you into Bloomsburg and will be a very rewarding experience so I recommend utilizing your time here that day and taking it all in.

I think my personal favorite part of going to summer orientation was knowing I was officially done with high school and this was now my new home. It gave me a completely different insight when I looked at the campus that day and it hit me that this was going to be where I spent the best four years of my life. And looking back, these past three years I’ve been here have truly been better than I could have expected that day during orientation.

Of course you also get to the do all the exciting stuff like getting your school ID picture taken so bring your best smile! The orientation department has worked very hard on making this day extremely meaningful and helpful in adjusting to your new school, there’s no way you’ll be bored!

I am so excited for each and every one of you to experience the amazing college life I’ve had thus far. Enjoy your day and always remember to Be You at BU!

— Sierra Kern, Class of 2015 #FutureHusky

No comments:

Post a Comment